In 2015, Osborn Law expanded its areas of practice by starting an equine law section. The practice includes everything from drafting contracts (Boarding Agreements, Purchase and Sale Agreements, and Liability Releases) and mediating minor disputes between barn owners and boarders to handling significant disputes that find their way into court.
- In December 2021, the Firm successfully resolved two related lawsuits on behalf of the owner of a large equine rescue operation in Southern California.
The litigation lasted four years and finally settled shortly before trial when the plaintiffs opted to abandon the lawsuit for a nominal sum.
Osborn Law offers legal guidance for both individuals and businesses in the horse industry, including:
FOR BUSINESS OWNERS AND EQUINE PROFESSIONALS
- Boarding contracts
- Liability releases
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Lease Agreements
- Equine-related litigation, i.e. enforcing liens
- Incorporation of equine businesses
FOR HORSE OWNERS
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Lease agreements
- Equine related litigation
- Defending against liens
- Misrepresentation / fraud issues
- Personal injury